Searching past questions/ discussions

Derek Harvey (ME) derek at dvharvey.me.uk
Wed Oct 26 18:15:52 EDT 2016

I am a bit further; imported a small Quicken file. Very disappointed to
find the Quicken Memo field seems to have been ignored and lost. If
anyone knows where this field is, please let me know.

GnuCash is IMHO deficient in not having a memo field separate from the
Payee field and in not at least concatenating the Q'n Payee and Memo
fields together, perhaps with a separator so it can, as does Q'n,
recognise the Payee on a new entry.

This deficiency is likely to make me use instead KMyMoney which does
import the Memo field. Still 'on the fence' as I do quite like the
double entry of GnuCash.

Like this correspondent I prefer the forum structure.