Searching past questions/ discussions

Bonnie Stroud jbstroud at cox.net
Wed Oct 26 18:48:33 EDT 2016

I just started using GnuCash as well, three days ago. Really, really
love it. The help and guide pdfs have been excellent. I exported several
QIFs from Quicken, covering years 2004-2016 and I can see my memos
imported to the Description lines. I am not sure how to find the memo
field, but if you can give me some guidance, I will look for it. I still
have the qif files I used.
Bonnie

On 10/26/2016 3:15 PM, Derek Harvey (ME) wrote:
 > I am a bit further; imported a small Quicken file. Very disappointed
to find the Quicken Memo field seems to have been ignored and lost. If
anyone knows where this field is, please let me know.

 > GnuCash is IMHO deficient in not having a memo field separate from
the Payee field and in not at least concatenating the Q'n Payee and Memo
fields together, perhaps with a separator so it can, as does Q'n,
recognise the Payee on a new entry.

 > This deficiency is likely to make me use instead KMyMoney which does
import the Memo field. Still 'on the fence' as I do quite like the
double entry of GnuCash.

 > Like this correspondent I prefer the forum structure.
 >

 > On 26/10/2016 19:31, Solomon Deutsch wrote:
 >> I am totally new to GNU cash; I haven't even downloaded it yet.
Thinking