Perl Price History Script

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Oct 31 14:43:23 EDT 2016

On Monday 31 October 2016 11:06:32 David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, and over the years, people have requested tools to manage
> better the price database in GnuCash. Two major areas of concern
> were: 1) Eliminating unneeded old entries, and
> 2) Retrieving a regulated series of past entries to facilitate
> reporting.
>
> I spent some time this weekend trying my hand at addressing these two
> specific issues, and would like to share the results with the list.
>
> The script, nph.pm (for "new price history”), is available at
> https://github.com/sunfish62/NewPriceHistory
> <https://github.com/sunfish62/NewPriceHistory>

Regardless of all the warnings, let me congratulate you David! It
appears your previous attempts at using git in the context of gnucash
has given you enough confidence to store your own project in git (and
github) as well. Nice job!

And well done to scratch your own itch too.

And (lastly) thanks for sharing what you did. That's open source/free
software at its best!

Yes, the warnings still very much apply, but I wanted the other side
being said as well :)

Geert