Transfer between two mutual funds

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 07:53:11 EDT 2016

Jay,

DISCLAIMER - I am also not an accountant.

To begin: you may wish to verify with your funds that there is in fact no gain to be reported.

Next: It seems to me that you could treat this as a transaction involving only shares of xyz and zyx.

xyz  -145.685 shares at whatever value amount (price is calculated)
zyx  +206.403 shares at same value (price is calculated)

HTH,
David