How do I clear unpaid invoices?

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 19:14:28 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:32:35 -0700, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Robert Smits <bob at rsmits.ca> wrote:

> I use gnucash 2.4.13 to manage finances of my Amateur Radio Club.
>
> Each fall I send out invoices for membership dues and then when I receive
> payment, I process the payment and it goes into our checking account.
>
> Of course, not everyone invoiced pays, so next year I still have outstanding
> invoices that show up on the balance sheet as accounts receivable.
>
> How do I get get rid of these outstanding invoices? I thought I could just
> mark the invoices as not active, but they still seem to show up in accounts
> receivable.
>
> All advice gratefully received.

Unpost and re-use will probably be best.  I am presuming that your invoices
are more "request to pay dues" than invoices in a business sense.  However
if they really are invoices then you'll need to create a credit note to
write each one off.

--
Wm