accessing GC file on a network folder

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 08:58:43 EDT 2016

___,

Geert mentions in passing that GnuCash allows you to save your data file in uncompressed format; in my experience, it is MUCH easier to change this setting in GnuCash, save your file, and then open your (now uncompressed) data file in any reasonable text editor. Then you don’t have to mess around with renaming the file and uncompressing it with another utility.

I will mention that editing the GnuCash data file is easier with a text editor that recognizes XML files. There are a number of such text editors out there.

Cheers,
David