Fwd: send one payment to 2 invoices with specific amount per invoice

__ tereque at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:52:45 EDT 2016

thanks @Dave and sorry, maybe I have not made myself clear enough. I am
talking about 2 posted invoices and one payment which I intend to "assign
as payment" to that specific invoices. I think the method you have
described is just splitting one incoming transaction into 2 splits on the
other side.

However As soon as you use the "assign as payment" function and choose the
2 related invoices GC takes the entire amount (no matter into how many
splits you may have spitted it up to) and balances it against the older of
those 2 invoices. Only if after that there is money left over the remaining
will be posted against the newer invoice

This provides correct numbers when you want to see what total amount a
customer might still owe you, but does not support the usecase I am facing
(and which I believe is not so unusual).