Recording Inventory for retail sale and manufacturing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 8 11:23:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

- - <sarah.oloya at waribe.net> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt response. That is what i did, but it means
> i can't run a volume based report.

I'm not sure what a "volume based report" is.  It's possible one could
be written.

> Because stock can't be loaded that means we can't set product prices too.I
> have seen the job files for raiding invoices. But the products and prices are
> not stored in one repository.

Yep, this is true.  This is part of what I mean by GnuCash doesn't
support Inventory.

> Also i couldn't find where the invoices connect to the sales account. Can you
> please guide me here if am missing something.

Each line-item in an invoice connects to Sales.  When you post the
invoice is adds it to the CoA, linking your Income (Sales) to A/R.

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Sarah Oloya

-derek