Reconciliation vs balance assertions

Michael Ferrara mferrara1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:54:22 EDT 2016

I take this a step further for my cash book, which frequently misses small
transactions (e.g. bought candy bar <$10). The other side of the Assertion
is a split to an account called Adjustments, the amount of which brings the
account back to its true current balance.

I like how an Assertion need not contain a value nor split account -- this
is quite useful for keeping ledger notes.