Installing Finance::Quote

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 01:08:58 EDT 2016

Emily,

I believe that you are trying to install on Windows, although you don’t say. You also don’t say which two steps, or which part of the Guide you are referring to, but I believe it’s 8.6.3 of the Guide, and the steps are closing GnuCash and installing ActivePerl*. The third step there is as you indicated; that command is included on the Start menu entry with the GnuCash menu item, I believe. I am not on Windows, so I can’t guarantee that.

See if that helps, though.

David

* To others: Is ActivePerl the current preferred platform for Windows? I was under the impression that Strawberry Perl was now preferred. Also to the point: would it be better for the Guide not to specify the brand of Perl to install?