Undo reconciliation

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 07:16:00 EDT 2016

Tricia,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’m not certain about the steps you took, but it sounds like you tried to reconcile your account, and were unable to get the amounts to balance (for whatever reason), and clicked the “Balance” button in order to leave the reconcile dialog. If this is the case, you will see a new entry in your register with the description “Balancing entry from reconciliation”. Since this is not what you wanted, you can simply delete this transaction, and try again. To be honest, I am not aware of an “Undo reconciliation” button, so I don’t know about it being greyed out.

You may want to consult the Tutorial and Concepts Guide Chapter 4.4 for a full explanation of the reconciliation process in GnuCash.

David