Importing Customers and Vendors from Sage Line 50

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 07:48:56 EDT 2016

Dear Wm,

Thank you for the work you all are doing.  I found exporting the csv from Sage, reordering the data and importing it into Gnucash could be better.

I have fixed my problem and what I did I hope may help others.  It was hard to struggle past the discouraged stage and as I didn't know where the problem lay, I could not ask for help.

I suggest the issue is in how GnuCash's import tool parses the csv.  It works when there is a blank after the last entry.  I think I may be experiencing this issue because I am using very short entries that do not fill in all the options.

Perhaps this could be addressed in the code that imports the csv.  Whether it can or not is beyond me and therefore merely a suggestion.

Could you confirm if I am using this mailing list properly?

Best regards, Uttam