Regular expressions in GnuCash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 02:20:34 EDT 2016

Derek,

I know that the Number column isn’t stored as a number (although I don’t think it got raised in this particular thread before you did here); that is why I don’t plan to file an RFE, since it would entail a restructuring of the data format. Well, that, and the fact that this particular need is not one that I encounter in my own use of GnuCash.

It is unfortunate that the field is set up as text rather than a numeric—but I understand the reasoning. It is too bad that this decision has made it so difficult for this use case.

David