Bug in processing customers payments

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 26 10:43:21 EDT 2016

Hi,

laschin <laschin at riseup.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am using GnuCash in a medium size company for the accounting.
>
> This is my first post on this mailing list.
>
> In the process of posting payments of bills I have stumbled upon what
> seems to be a bug.
>
> As far as I recon, there are three modes of posting payments.
>
> (1) Business - customers - process payment
> (2) process payment via click on the icon within the billing window
> (3) Right button click on an existing transaction in the bank account -
> process payment
>

> If now I choose to use number (3) "assign as payment" via a right button
> click,
> within my synchronized bank account the payment does not synchronize
> with the customer report;
> i.e. the account receivable doesn't change.

Did you already map this transaction from your bank to A/R?  I.e., the
transaction must already *BE* in A/R; the "right click" action #3 just
ties the *existing-in-A/R* transaction to a specific customer within the
Business System logic.

> Furthermore it is not possible to manually interfere anymore since now
> it is not
> possible to assign the payment via the other two methods. Because it
> does not appear
> anymore.

If you're importing your data then #1 doesn't apply.  Are you saying
that the "invoice" doesn't appear anymore?

If you can assign a payment that isn't in A/R, then that's definitely a
bug.

Perhaps the issue here is that the A/R balance adjusted during the
import and you didn't notice then?