gnucash crashes during csv import - what's the approved csv formats?

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 05:10:51 EDT 2017

On 28.03.2017 13:28, Uttam Chakravorty wrote:
> Dear Karin,
>
> Please consider using my "advice" with great care for reasons that will
> become self-evident.  In my experience I opened the csv file in
> libreoffice calc, resaved, opened it in Bluefish (or any text editor)
> and ended each line with a blank field i.e. ',,'.  This did the trick
> for me.  I would love to know if I did something right, or just got lucky.
>
> Best of luck.  I think this is a great product and as a bookkeeper much
> faster to use than Sage, but without the safeguards.  I feel indebted to
> the team and hope my offering serves some use by way of thanks.

Just wanted to report back that thanks to this advice, I got it to work!

So: in case there are other people downloading from this bank:

- download to excel
- open excel file (in excel)
- add a new column heading at the end (I call it dummy)
- put a single space character as contents in the dummy column
- save as csv
- import with the csv importer

So, thanks a lot for your help!

Karin