Posted A/R invoice credited to checking account [RESOLVED]

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:16:12 EDT 2017

Rich,

GnuCash does usually ‘remember’ entries for faster re-entry the next time.

This works for me both in register transactions and for invoices/bills.

I also use ‘duplicate’ for invoices and bills when they are very similar and just change the amounts as needed. An example of this would be a phone bill—I duplicate the previous months bill, change the dates, and update any amount entries. Generally, the line items are all the same. It makes for much faster data entry.

When entering customer invoices, I try to use the same descriptions if possible and GnuCash auto-fills the rest of the info along with account this entry is posted to. I can always change it, but more often than not, I’m just updating hours worked.

-Adrien