Posted A/R invoice credited to checking account [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 4 11:54:46 EDT 2017

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Invoices do default to A/R, and in fact you MUST "post" it to A/R.
> Think of an invoice as an extended single transaction, where you're
> entering in all the single-entry splits.  Every line-item in an invoice
> is an Income or Asset that, once you post, balances into A/R.

Derek,

   Yes, the invoice posting account is A/R, but the income account to which
it posts when paid I had as the checking account, not the revenue account.
This on only the last two invoices; the earlier ones were correct. That's my
error because I'm used to having new transactions default to previously used
accounts.

> Just like every other entry, GnuCash cannot guess what Income or Asset
> account you want each entry to go to. There's some history, so it can
> auto-fill with previously entered data. But new data is unclear.

   OK. For whatever reason it did not see the history on one client; the
other is a new one.

Thanks,

Rich