Mac users have a huge problem, I think! Gnucash won't open anything now

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Tue Apr 4 18:50:40 EDT 2017

On 4/4/2017 1:44 PM, Anita Graves wrote:

>    When I choose the file>open dialog, and I run through my list of files to choose one that I need, it tells me it can’t find the file.  That, of course, is because I have moved and renamed some things.  Is there a way around this?
>
> Anita

Ah ... you are NOT limited to choosing between the last four files
opened. That is presumably intended as a handy shortcut under the
assumption that one of the four last opened is likely the one you want
to open now. If you were limited to the selections on the list, you
wouldn't be able to have more than four files.

Example --- let's say I needed to open the books as they were year end
2014 (would certainly not be among the last four). I would drill down
till "places" till I reached it and then select it that way.

Michael