Report tab displays all white - worked last time (Aug 2016)

Rufus rlaggren at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:58:41 EDT 2017

Hope this post gets the topic into it's own thread. Don't know how I
tagged onto the previous subject...

Running GC from CLI displays what looks like a smoking gun:

 gnucash
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/gnucash/python/init.py", line 3, in <module>
    from gnucash import *
ImportError: No module named gnucash
Found Finance::Quote version 1.37
Vector smash protection is enabled.
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.3.0) (suse-23.1-x86_64)
Vector smash protection is enabled.

It can't find the right python module. I've had problems w/python links
before in other apps. Don't know what Suse is doing; maybe has to do
with installing software from 3rd parties that somehow changes the
default paths, priorities or overwrites stuff.

Does anybody know the required file names and/or the paths GS uses to
look for it's python dependencies? I suspect the files are actually
installed somewhere, just not where GC expects...  Also, what python
version does GC require? I think I have 2.7xxx and at one time maybe a
3.1 version - but I don't know if both are available through environment
paths or whether they play nice.

What environment variables does GC look at/use?

Thanks

Rufus