Report tab displays all white - worked last time (Aug 2016)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 8 19:22:04 EDT 2017

> On Apr 8, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Rufus <rlaggren at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> gnucash.trace
>
> /tmp/gnucash.trace does not exist on that path or anywhere else in the
> system according to "locate" and "recoll"; although I just began using
> the latter and may not have a handle on what the filters are doing.
>
> That's after starting from console:
> "gnucash --debug --extra"
>
> Does that mean gnucash did not trigger any trace output? Totally clean
> run despite throwing a python error to stdout (see previous post)?
>
> On an aside, does gnucash use yelp to display "Help" and maybe other
> stuff? I found a reference to this elsewhere, but it was a few years
> old. Suse apparently does not install yelp by default, so I installed it
> but it doesn't appear to make any difference to the report display problem.

Seems unlikely that there'd be no log after loading a file, especially with --debug --extra.  You can get it to write the log messages to a specified file or to the console with --logto; e.g
  gnucash --debug --extra --logto=stderr
will log it to the console while
  gnucash --debug --extra --logto=$HOME/gnucash.trace
would write it to a trace file in your home directory instead of /tmp.

GnuCash can use Yelp to display the help manual and The Tutorial and Concepts Guide. You might have to install them separately from GnuCash. It wouldn't have any effect on the program itself.

Regards,
John Ralls