Printing report

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:17:12 EDT 2017

I recall that there were a few GnuCash releases that defaulted to A4 page
size but more recently GnuCash has defaulted to US Letter.  When it
defaulted to A4 my HP and Xerox printers would complain about not being
loaded with A4 paper and refuse to print.  Since the two sizes of paper are
so close, I wondered why the printers couldn't be set to 'Shrink to fit"
and print on the opposite size paper.  Those days are over for me, but now
this user has a problem which I also see on letter size paper where long
strings in the description field make the rest of the report spread out
over too much space.  He is not alone.  I have sometimes resorted to saving
reports in PDF format and importing them into Open Office or Libre Office
Calc where there is more flexibility with column formats in order to get a
better page appearance.  If GnuCash had better format defaults that extra
step would not be necessary.

If it is as simple as using File > Page Setup in GnuCash to switch to A4
paper, then this user has his solution.

David C