Gnucash Crash and "No Suitable backend was found"

rileyelem riley.vittitoe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:41:59 EDT 2017

I'm running this on Windows 10.

I have been using Gnucash for more than a year. Yesterday I was using it at
the same time as a few other things were open. The program crashed and took
Windows down with it. The computer restarted itself and I tried to reopen
Gnucash but started getting the error message "No Suitable backend was
found"

The data file is there where I saved it in the Documents/Accounts/ folder
I check for the .gcm file in the User directory and it is there
I tried reinstalling gnucash
I tried opening data files in Notepad++ but all I see a bunch of NUL

Any way to recover my data?