Reply at the top or reply at the bottom?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 15:37:15 EDT 2017

On 21 April 2017 at 14:15, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I do not have an answer to this question, so I am asking for others' views.
>
> <snip>
>

> Based on this, is there (1) an email client that keeps all this straight
> and (2) has the preferred placement for replies changed?
>
> David C

I think bottom posting is much better when its a mailing list or similar,
as its much easier to see the context that someone is writing about.

If the communication is between just a couple of people, then top-posting
can be more convenient, as you know what each other are talking about.

What does cause a lot of confusion, especially on mailing lists, is when
there's a lot of old totally irrelevant material. Again, I see that as less
of an issue when only communicating with one person.

But this topic is like religion!

Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6DT,
UK.
Registered in England and Wales, company number 08914892.
http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Tel: 07910 441670 / +44 7910 441670 (0900 to 2100 GMT only please)