REVERSING TRANSACTIONS

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 22:49:04 EDT 2017

I agree with Frank's assessment; the glossary is the wrong place for this. I would vote for putting it somewhere in the business portion of the guide, since most personal users will not need that level of formality.
I think there should be some brief description of the menu option in help (if there isn't one already), with a reference to the guide, possibly.
Frank, I think that this guide section would also be the place for your earlier suggestion. The glossary text is really meant just as a definition,  and nothing else.
David

  On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:57, Frank H. Ellenberger<frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:   Davids,

Am 24.04.2017 um 21:54 schrieb David Carlson:
> David,
>
> The other side of the comment that I would add is that the reversing
> transaction is automatically dated Today with no reference added to show
> the date of the original transaction, so if the transaction is stale, it
> may be hard to find later.
>
> David C

Yes, we should write this, too.
But the glossary is the wrong place.

Some possible places:
* Transactiond
* (new) Formal Accounting
  separate or at the beginning of Business Accounting

Regards
Frank