Question regarding documenting Reversing Transactions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 07:32:33 EDT 2017

Dave C., the option already exists (under the Transactions menu), so the questions here are: should it be changed, and how should it be documented?

My original question on this thread had to do with whether “old style” accounting included annotations with the reversing transaction, and I believe that the answer is probably “yes.” With the currently-implemented feature, I think it problematic that the reversing transaction is created without clear feedback, and without an option to add annotations to the new transaction. The user selects Add Reversing Transaction, and is immediately returned to the register with no further feedback. The feature as implemented requires the user to locate the newly-created reversing transaction and edit it to add annotations, and I believe it could be set up to allow a user to add an annotation before creating the new transaction.

FWIW, I have already added a bug for documenting the feature (Bug 781714), and one for creating an entry in the glossary (Bug 781711).

David T.