Question regarding documenting Reversing Transactions

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 09:17:55 EDT 2017

David T.,

I am glad that you are digging into this issue.  If this results in a
change to, say, move the highlight to the new reversing transaction, then I
would ask the developer to also append a note to the source transaction
referring to the new transaction.  Then an auditor could always find the
other half of the pair.

I have another use case for this tool.  I sometimes use it to generate a
duplicate to then modify for use elsewhere, if I think it would be easier
than using the duplicate transaction tool for some reason.  This, of
course, has nothing to do with good accounting practice.

David C