Question regarding documenting Reversing Transactions

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 26 17:42:08 EDT 2017

Thanks David,
It had escaped my attention that the reversing transaction had been
implemented. Since I retired i am only using gnucash for my personal
accounting so finding the new features is not as important for me. On the
odd occasion I have had to do one i usually do it manually. I can see the
advantage for someone who does not have an accounting background. I do agree
with the position that if it is there, the dialog should include input of a
note to add to the transaction to make it's purpose and which transaction is
being reversed clear. As the transaction uid is not visible to the user it
probably doesn't make sense to provide a followable link between the
transactions. Also perhaps an indication in the Type column i.e if it was an
invoice something like I-R at the original invoice to indicate it had been
reversed and an R for the reversing transaction.
Cheers
David Cousens