Adding quantity to expenses

edamiani edamiani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:47:02 EDT 2017

Hi, I started using GnuCash with the goal of tracking my expenses and
generating reports, but one important thing for me would be storing the
quantity of an expense and automatically generating the resulting expense
from that. For instance: if I buy 0.8 kg of cheese for $10 the kilogram, I
would like to write down the quantity that I've bought (0.8 kg), the unity
(or kilogram) price ($10) and extract the resulting expense from it ($8). Is
it possible to achieve this kind of thing with GnuCash?

Thanks in advance,
Edgard