Investment performance

William Kupersanin wkupersa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:05:20 EDT 2017

Hello Filipe,

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I am wondering if you ever found a
way to get temporal views of an investment or account? I think that I want
to do basically the same thing that you did. That is, I want to be able to
look at an account, and the subaccounts of funds contained within, to see
values over time.

I see that the price editor does track periodic prices from both online
updates as well as entered transactions. The software has the concept of
price nearest in time. So it seems like it has the information needed for
the report. Is it a question of creating a custom report?

In earlier emails on this thread, the suggestion was made to either use
another program or to use a spreadsheet/sql queries. No doubt this is
possible outside of Gnucash, but it seems awkward to either track my
account information in 2 places or to not use the features inherent in the
software if it has the information.

Thanks,
--Willie Kupersanin