Importing bookings with accounts fully assigned

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis at bockemuehl.ch
Fri Aug 18 04:44:48 EDT 2017

Good morning,

Does anybody know a way or a specific data format that allows to import
bookings into Gnucash that have already their "counter booking"
(probably not the correct bookkeeper's language...)?

Example: I have a list of bookings somehow like the following:

Date          Amount      Text                           Account from
Account to
11-08-2017     25.70      Birthday gift                  Giro
Gifts
24-08-2017   2000.00      Salary for August              Salary
Bankaccount

etc. etc.

Of course the accounts "Giro", "Gifts", "Salary" and "Bankaccount"
should exist in Gnucash already.

So far I always prepare several lists, two for each of the main bank
accounts, then I import them as CSV and then I have to more or less
assign the "counter booking" for each single like manually because even
after a couple of years the automatic assignment does not really do a
really useful job.

Any idea or proposal?

Thanks and regards, Cornelis