Not able to make entries in Gnucash

Kenneth Theis kwtheis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:10:24 EDT 2017

Gentlemen,     I installed GnuCash software two years ago and used it a short time. Then I discontinued its use for a long period. Now I want to start again using the software. However, I find that it is designated at "read only,” whatever that means. I have tried to make entries in the software without success.

I have tried everything I know to resume using the software, but have failed. I will appreciate suggestions as to how I can proceed with its use.

Thanks for your help.

Kenneth W. Theis