Not able to make entries in Gnucash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Fri Aug 18 08:25:30 EDT 2017

On 8/18/2017 6:49 AM, Maf. King wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 16:10:24 BST Kenneth Theis wrote:
>> Gentlemen,     I installed GnuCash software two years ago and used it a
>> short time. Then I discontinued its use for a long period. Now I want to
>> start again using the software. However, I find that it is designated at
>> "read only,” whatever that means. I have tried to make entries in the
>> software without success.
What is your operating system?  << for example, in any 'nix OS
permissions can be none, read only, or read/write >> So if THAT is your
problem (you are running under a 'nix, and that would include Macs) look
at the permissions on the file and the directory path that it is in.

And you would NOT be making entries "in the software". Programs and data
are separate things.

Michael D Novack