Retrieving online quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 20 02:34:28 EDT 2017

> On Aug 19, 2017, at 7:09 PM, Peter Ling <pete at mrling.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I’ve installed GNUCash 2.6.17 and wish to retrieve online stock quotes on a mac.
>
> I’ve followed 5.4.1.1. Steps to enable On-line price updating
>
> When I type “perldoc Finance::Quote into the terminal window it returns
> 	No documentation found for "Finance::Quote”
>
> According to the docs this means that it is not installed, however it later says that if you have installed from the installer then Finance::Quote is already installed.
>
> Typing gnc-fq-dump returns command not found.

You need to use the full path to gnc-fq-dump because application bundles are not in the path. If you put Gnucash.app in /Applications the path will be
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump.

You can run /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update to install or update the perl modules that GnuCash requires for online quotes.

Regards,
John Ralls