Chart of Accounts cannot be uploaded to Android

john_mike mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 05:09:46 EDT 2017

Dear All,

Firstly I am entering this via nabble. I remain confused as to the
difference between nabble and the mailing list and how to access the mailing
list once subscribed to it. Which I have done. It would be much easier and
clearer for me if a simple, clear, straight forward link existed from the
Help Tab in GNUCASH to the forum.

My issue:

I updated my chart of accounts.

I want this updated chart of accounts to show on my Android App. (Please do
not now all rush to redirect me to another forum for the Andrioid App where
I will hear nothing back, as this is not helpful. Thank you)

I have made sure that my Android App is up to date.

I have made sure that my Windows GNUCASH is upto date.

I have exported my chart of accounts AS AN XML file to Dropbox.

I have set the default programme to open GNUCASH files in my dropbox folder
to be GNUCASH.

I have deleted all my accounts on the phone.

I have then attempted to import the accounts without success.

All the above actions are those posted as solutions as to why you can no
longer upload a chart of accounts to the Android App.

Regardless of any action taken I receive an error which refers to an EACCES
error.

Please could someone provide step by step instructions for this process.

As an alternative please could someone point me in the direction of an
accounts system that does work on both the phone and laptop and can be kept
in sync without a colossal amount of hassle.

Many Thanks

Mike