GNU Cash version for Mac OSX

Jack Whyte jvwhyte at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:53:51 EST 2017

Hello there

I am a lantern user of GNU Cash - for personal finances only - initially on
Linux (Ubuntu) and more recently on MAC OSX.   My current version of MAC
OSX is El Capitan 10.11.6 - I have been unable to upgrade any further due
to a hardware issue on my 5 year old MAC Book Air!

I was running GNU Cash 2.6.16 (?) since March of this year but this morning
it failed to load with the message "Gnwucash cannot be opened because of a
problem" and suggesting that I check with the developer to make sure
Gnucash works with this version of OS X.

I have since downloaded 2.6.18 and received the same message.

GNUCash was working perfectly a couple of days ago - I use it very
regularly, particularly to record any cash transactions associated with a
role as treasurer of a small golf society.

The file currently in use is called GNUC-1710.gnucash and is over 1.3MB on
disc.

Any thoughts or comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks & regards
Jack Whyte