Interesting Discovery in my accounts -- more info...

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at mailpen.com
Sat Dec 2 17:39:59 EST 2017

The expense accounts were probably edited or posted to (eg, with an
incorrect date) after you "closed" them.  The year-end closing process
is quite simple and probably NOT at fault.

Yes, you can go back and close them with an old date.  Just make sure to
delete the old closing transactions (one income, one expense) for that
year before you do the new close.  I do this anytime I have to go back
and correct a prior year transaction.