Price Editor and ASX

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 5 07:36:19 EST 2017

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 10:09:29 +0800
From: "Peter Garcia-Webb" <d300 at iinet.net.au>
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Price Editor and ASX

HI,
ASX has a limits the number of price requests that can be made at any
one time. As a result Gnucash Price Editor fails to update any prices if
the number of ASX based stocks exceed nine (9).
Is there any way to limit the number of requests to update that Price
Editor sends when I click Get quotes?
If not I shall have to set up two different account, say Me1 and Me2 and
list different stock in each.
Thanks

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 19:54:11 -0800
> From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> To: Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net>
> Cc: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Fwd: Price Editor and ASX
>
> Erik,
>
> I think handling this in F::Q would be cleaner than trying to do it in GnuCash. Do you agree?
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi Peter & John,

Finance::Quote for ASX already does a separate web request for each stock code because I couldn't figure out how to do multiples when I implemented using the new m.asx.com.au url. The ASX web server is very intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It does seem to fail more often when a large no of stock prices is requested at once. Strangely, they all seem to work or all fail...
I haven't been able to get it working reliably yet, but I haven't had much time to spend working on it.

I did try using yahoo_json with codes like CBA.AX but that also is unreliable.

Regards, Chris Good