gnucash file could not be found

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 10:42:12 EST 2017

Mike,

GnuCash automatically attempts to open the last file you used, even if that file is no longer where GnuCash thinks it is. Moreover, on Macs, GnuCash tries to open that last file *even if you double click on another GnuCash file from Finder.* The workaround is that you use File-> Open to access the correct file, and GnuCash will go there in the future.

However, you say you’ve tried File->Open without success, so, I am at a loss. Is there a problem with the network drive? Or perhaps someone else has a suggestion?

David