Invoice & Bill Posting Date Issues Across Multiple Periods

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 19:38:27 EST 2017

Thanks Maf.,

But it seems the entire invoice posts together on the posting date, not by line-item date. I just double checked several of them that crossed period boundaries.

I’m in the U.S., not sure what the specific rules are on invoice time frames, but GAAP would say the invoice/bill date doesn’t matter - what matters is when you actually do the work or incur the expense.

This isn’t strictly a tax reporting issue anyway. (other than how recognition affects net income that is)

I’m more concerned with an accurate financial performance picture, which is what GAAP is for.

Apparently the business features make little headway over pen and paper in this regard.

Thanks though.

Regards,
Adrien