unreconcile multiple transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 15 10:55:12 EST 2017

Hi,

frozenjim <james at whitehousenorth.com> writes:

> While there is no "SIMPLE" way to un-reconcile an entire account, I have had
> to do this once or twice in the past and have found what I believe is the
> easiest way:
>
> Open Account Journal
> Open Search Dialog (CTRL-F)
> Search for ALL of these conditions:
>
> Reconcile : IS : Reconciled
> Account : Matches Any Account : (enter your account)
>
> Save the Search
> Manually clear your reconciled entries:
>
> Move to the first reconciled entry
> CONFIRM you are on the line for your account (i.e. the bank account, not the
> vendor)
> Click on the "Y" in the reconciled column of the first transaction
> Entry vanishes from search and mouse is moved to the NEXT entry
> Repeat until there are no entries left
> This is still time consuming - and you get hypnotized pretty fast so stay
> alert - but it is the simplest and least risky method I have come up with.

I would suggest an easier (and less error-prone) way:

* Open the account you want to unreconcile
* View -> Filter By...
  and select the date range you want to unreconcile
* View -> Filter By... -> Status
  and unclick everything but "reconciled"
* Now go through each line and click on the 'y' in the reconciled
  column.  The line will vanish.  And you'll be certain you're
  unreconciling the entry from *this* account and not accidentally from
  another account.

Enjoy!