Has the Treasury Direct interface changed?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 19:57:24 EST 2017

Hi Ken,

Am 23.12.2017 um 04:22 schrieb farleykj:
> Further investigation seems to show that the site does not allow any
> connections, at least not via Perl. I attempted a simple "probe" of the
> price calculation site, via the following:
>
> my $urlSite  = "https://www.treasurydirect.gov/BC/SBCPrice/" ;
> my $userAgent = LWP::UserAgent->new ;
> my $resData = $userAgent->get ( $urlSite ) ;
> print $resData->content . "\n" ;
>
> This yields the following:
>
>   Can't connect to www.treasurydirect.gov:443 (Connection refused)
:

but after a few hickups https://www.treasurydirect.gov/ returns their
start page
and https://www.treasurydirect.gov/BC/SBCPrice/ returns:

"We're sorry...
We may have moved or retired the web page.
You may want to:

    Check the spelling of the URL to make sure its correct.
    Use our search function.
    Use our sitemap or other links on this page."

So now it is up to you to find that page again.

HTH
Frank