Has the Treasury Direct interface changed?

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Sat Dec 23 21:27:44 EST 2017

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 8:20 PM, farleykj <farleykj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Frank.
>
> I substituted the definition of the URL with the following
>
> my $urlSite  = "https://www.treasurydirect.gov/" ;
>
> But I still get the same message about the connection being refused. Going
> by the normal browser activity, I can get to the ..BC/SBCPrice page and get
> prices, etc. It just seems that Perl inquiries via LWP::UserAgent and
> LWP::Simple are blocked or otherwise ignored.
>
> It's not like I need to update prices every day, given that pricing on EE
> bonds changes at most monthly. It's just that it was nice to not have to
> deal with any manual entries.
>

> -----
> Ken Farley

They do have a documented API

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/webapis/webapisindex.htm <https://www.treasurydirect.gov/webapis/webapisindex.htm>

So maybe someone decided automated requests should go through the API instead of parsing screen data returned from artificially filling forms.

I don’t know enough about JSON or other REST things to tell how hard it would be to repurpose older query routines.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com