import transactions from CSV with mutiple accounts

Paul Neuwirth mail at paul-neuwirth.nl
Sat Dec 30 10:20:53 EST 2017

Hi List,

I hope someone can give me a hint. Is it a bug of the importer or am I
doing something wrong? Or is there a tool which converts csv to qif or
other advanced format?
I have a CSV file with transactions of different bank accounts (ca. 12
bank accounts, export from banking software moneyplex).
If I import csv files with only transactions of one account, gnucash
selects (automatically) the correct account (slot 'online-id' of
account is identically to account number in csv).
But if I do import transactions belonging to different accounts, all
transactions are being imported into the account of the first line in
the csv.
This does not make any sense for me, as you can select account as a
column...

It would be quiet unconvinient to do seperate imports for every account.
On the other side (moneyplex) does have advanced export functions, but
not for transactions of multiple accounts (therefor only search
results can be exported to csv or xml)..

using gnucash 2.6.19 on openSUSE:
> zypper info gnucash
Reading installed packages...

Information for package gnucash:
--------------------------------
Repository     : openSUSEGNOMEApps
Name           : gnucash
Version        : 2.6.19-100.1
Arch           : x86_64
Vendor         : obs://build.opensuse.org/GNOME
Installed Size : 25,7 MiB
Installed      : Yes
Status         : up-to-date
Source package : gnucash-2.6.19-100.1.src
Summary        : Personal Finance Manager
Description    :
    GnuCash is a personal finance manager. A check book-like register
GUI allows you to enter and track bank accounts, stocks, income, and
even currency trades. A full set of reports allows you to see the state
    of your finances. The interface is designed to be simple and easy to
    use, but is backed with double-entry accounting principles to
    ensure balanced books.

Thank you very much

Paul