"Account Color" only applies to "Account Name" column

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Feb 2 02:36:49 EST 2017

Op woensdag 1 februari 2017 19:04:44 CET schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Although this is getting more complicated, I originally expected this
> functionality when changing colors:
>
> The tab changes color.
> The line in the CoA changes color.
> The register changes color.

This last one seems overkill to me. I can imagine a colored border or a
colored header. Too much color however hurts the eyes and distracts from the
actual information that is being presented on the page.

> Subsidiary/related columns or lines should change to a lighter shade of the
> same color hue, with a pre-defined separation. This would be similar to the
> current visual difference in the default scheme, but allowing the base
> color to be changed. The CoA should have faint but noticeable grid lines
> for readability.
>
> In all cases and places, fonts would adjust for proper contrast.

There's a lot of creativity and constructive design thinking going on in this
thread!

Please remember to file an enhancement request in either bugzilla or uservoice
in the end. Design discussions on the mailing list tend to get lost after a
while.

Regards,

Geert