Processing accounts payable

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 5 09:39:57 EST 2017

   Page 206 of the Guide briefly describes processing an A/P vendor payment
and ends the Accounts Payable chapter. However, the illustration is that
used for processing an A/R invoice payment.

   Also, I expected this chapter also to explain how to print checks for all
vendor invoices to be paid. I don't see this information. The way I've
managed A/P in other bookkeeping software has five steps:

   1)  Vendor invoice/bill/statement is received, entered in A/P and posted.

   2)  When it's time to process A/P outstanding invoices are displayed and
 	those to be paid are selected.

   3)  Checks are printed, one for each vendor.

   4)  When checks are correctly printed the check number for each is entered
 	in the payment record.

   5)  The payments are posted which credits the checking account and debits
 	the accounts payable account.

   What is the complete work flow for processing A/P in GnuCash-2.6.15?

Rich