Processing accounts payable

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 8 04:39:33 EST 2017

Op dinsdag 7 februari 2017 09:38:57 CET schreef Rich Shepard:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2017, R. Victor Klassen wrote:
> > My parallel to your flow is similar, but I’ll flesh out a few details.
> > Assuming you have the business features enabled, step 1 is to create the
> > bill, and enter its itemization, and then post it.
>
>    Well, I FUBAR'd the process and need guidance on how to undo 'paid' on
> unpaid bills.
>
>    This morning I entered 5 vendor bills and posted each one to Accounts
> Payable.
>
>    When I looked at the A/P aging report only 1 invoice was shown. Further
> digging showed that in the list of 5 invoices, 4 are marked paid. I cannot
> pay them until I learn how to adjust the text printed on checks (that tab is
> greyed out) and need to un-pay them.
>
>    How do I do this?

Delete the payment transaction:
- Go to the appropriate checking account
- Select the payment
- Click Delete

The more interesting question however would be "How did these transactions get
paid in the first place ?"

If it was because you wrote checks for them, aren't these bills paid for real
then ?

Or did you pay them and now want to write a check for it ?
If that's the case you have two options:
1. as I explained above, delete the payment transaction and start over
2. Select the payment transaction in your checking account and then choose
File->Print Check

IIRC the check printing code should detect the payment is linked to a vendor
and as a result it should automatically fill in all of the vendor details.

Regards,

Geert