Creating custom business A/P check layout

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 8 08:40:57 EST 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, R. Victor Klassen wrote:

> I vaguely remember something about the origin of the coordinate system not
> being where I would expect. Either it is at the bottom left corner, and I
> expect it at the top left (coming from a PostScript background) or maybe
> it is PostScript-like, and I didn’t expect that.

Victor,

   The coordinates tab has the origin at the upper left corner, just like
PostScript.

> Anyhow, something to be aware of is if you want to include lines from the
> split on the stub, there’s wierdness the shows up when you get to multiple
> lines. (I sometimes put the various invoice numbers in the split and like
> to see them on the stub). If I recall correctly, the bottom most line goes
> where specified, and the rest of them go, one at a time, above it.

   This brings up another point and I do not recall reading about it in the
help or guide manuals: what are 'splits' on A/P checks? My understanding of
a split is having multiple off-setting accounts (e.g., expense or liability)
to an asset acount (e.g., checking). If I'm paying a telephone company,
accountant, or other vendor I might have multiple invoices to be paid on a
single check (with each one listed on the stubs), but I've not before known
those to be referred to as splits.

Thanks,

Rich