Data Entry Problem

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Feb 8 12:50:14 EST 2017

On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 11:36:29 GMT Gerald Ellis wrote:
> Derek:
>
> Perhaps I am misunderstanding the filter start and end dates.
> I thought that the start date was the first date to stop displaying
> entries and the end date was the day to start displaying entries again.
> That is the reason for the question, I have three transactions on Feb
> 1, 2017 (the stop date entered in the filter) that worked but then the
> entries after the stop date were not being displayed, not just the Feb
> 3,2017 but all entries after Feb 1, 2017 failed.  So what does the STOP
> date on the filter do?
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald.

You are misunderstanding.

View -> Filter By -> Date -> Show All or Set a range to show, starting on
Start Date and ending on End Date.

I see nothing in the filter dialog that would make me think the view filter
would *exclude* a range, rather than limit to the set range.

and when you say "the transaction failed", what you mean is "I entered the
transaction correctly, and GC recorded it correctly, but my view of the
register hid half of the transaction from me ( because I  told GC to only show
transactions prior to the date of the new one I entered)"

0.02
Maf.