Processing accounts payable

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 8 13:00:51 EST 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:

> My previous message also contained the steps to unwind: delete all
> transactions from your A/P account. I guess my description was a bit terse.

Geert,

   I've tried doing that, but have not been successful.

> I also mentioned you can't delete transactions generated from an invoice.
> They are under control of the business code. But that doesn't matter. I'm
> pretty sure it's not those that are wrong.

> Just delete all non-invoice transactions and you should be able to make a
> fresh start.

   They are all invoice transactions, with the amount for one vendor listed
with the name of another vendor. GnuCash tells me I cannot delete a
transaction generated by a posted invoice so I should unpost it first.
Section 15.4 (Invoices) in chapter 15 (Accounts Receivable) does not include
unposting, only new, edit, post, find, and print. I cannot cut or delete
these transactions when viewing the A/P register.

   Please teach me how to unpost an invoice.

Thanks,

Rich