A/R: 2 questions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Feb 8 16:46:05 EST 2017

Hi,

I see three issues:

On Wed, February 8, 2017 4:36 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>  I cannot now tell you what I did then. I'll delete the invoice and
>> start
>> over.
>
>    Unposted, deleted invoice.

1) There is no way to "delete" an invoice.  So I'm not sure what you did
here.

>    Created a new invoice for this client by entering the invoice date,
> description, income account (Accounts Receivable) and unit price (the
> amount
> owed on this project). Saved it.

2) A/R is not an Income account.  You should be using something like
Income:Sales.

>    Edit->Post invoice. Do I really want to post it? Yes. Entered the
> invoice
> and due dates; left description blank. I cannot enter anything in the
> 'Post
> to account' data entry widget; it's not accessible either directly or via
> the combobox arrow. Without an account GnuCash will not let me post it.
> Check mate.

3) You do not have an account of Type A/Receivable with the correct
currency for this customer.  I.e., you do not have an actual A/R account
in your Chart of Accounts.  You will need that in order to post an
invoice.  I have no idea how you were able to post it before without
having this account?

> Rich

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745